Erica Rutner is a partner in Moore & Lee, LLP’s Fort Lauderdale office. Prior to joining the firm, Erica practiced for many years at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Erica represents clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters throughout the country. Her practice is primarily focused on complex class actions, and she has successfully litigated numerous high-stakes class actions involving Fortune 500 companies. Erica’s extensive class action and commercial litigation experience includes health care, consumer protection and privacy claims, products liability, insurance, and mass torts. She is intimately familiar with class action jurisprudence and has utilized this knowledge to strategically manage large-scale litigations and successfully counsel clients across a range of industries.
Erica has published extensively on a variety of class action issues, and her articles have been featured in several law review journals and other widely-circulated legal publications. She has been honored by the Daily Business Review as a lawyer “On the Rise,” an award which recognizes attorneys for wielding influence and showing expertise in their practice areas. She has also been honored by the South Florida Legal Guide as a “Top Lawyer,“ by the Florida Trend as a “Legal Elite Up and Comer,” and by South Florida Business & Wealth as an “Up and Comer.” In addition, she serves as a co-chair of a subcommittee to the American Bar Association’s Mass Torts Committee and as a past member of the executive editorial board of the Florida Bar Journal.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2009, Summa Cum Laude
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University, 2006, Summa Cum Laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Ms. Rutner serves as a co-chair of a subcommittee to the American Bar Association’s Mass Torts Committee. She is also a member of the Broward County Bar Association and the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
- Varner et al. v. Dometic Corp.
- Runton et al. v. Brookdale Senior Living Inc.
- Marker et al. v. VHS of Illinois
- Harris et al. v. Nortek HVAC
- In re Denture Cream Products Liability Litigation
- Ms. Rutner is a fitness enthusiast and enjoys skiing.