John A. Bertino is an associate at Moore & Lee, LLP. John has a wide-ranging commercial litigation practice that includes representing owners, contractors, architects, and developers in multimillion-dollar construction and government contract disputes. John also represents major healthcare institutions, including publicly owned senior care providers in high-stakes class actions. John also has experience in corporate governance disputes and drafting and negotiating contracts.
John joined Moore & Lee following his graduation from The George Washington University School of Law. While a law student, John was a member of the Federal Circuit Bar Journal. He also served as an intern for the Honorable Lydia Kay Griggsby of the United States Court of Federal Claims and for the Commercial Litigation Branch of the United States Department of Justice. John worked as a summer associate at Moore & Lee during the summer of 2017.
- J.D., The George Washington University School of Law, 2018
- B.A., George Mason University, 2015, Magna Cum Laude
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
John is a member of the American Bar Association’s Public Contract Law Section and Litigation Section. John is also a member of the Washington Building Congress.
- Member of team that successfully protested exclusion of government contractor from the competitive range for an approximately $700 million WMATA contract.
- Member of team that litigated and resolved a $15 million corporate law dispute concerning the assignment of small business set-aside government contracts following client’s loss of verified set-aside status.
- Member of team that obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement during trial for construction manager at risk in lawsuit against public owner and its owner’s representative involving a $600+ million convention center project.
- Member of team that obtained summary judgment in favor of government contractor in $10 million dispute concerning allegations of breach of contract and fraud arising from a software licensing finance agreement.
- Member of team on a variety of government contract-related issues and disputes, including bid protests before the GAO.
- John was born and raised in Hammonton, NJ, a small town in South Jersey known as the Blueberry Capital of the World. In his free time, he enjoys playing tennis with friends and keeping up with his favorite Philadelphia sports teams.