Construction Litigation Representations
- Highrise Condominium, Maryland – Represented developer in defending claims, including mechanic’s lien claim, in excess of $10 million by contractor. Negotiated a settlement before trial.
- Forward Operating Site, Bulgaria – Prepared multiple requests for equitable adjustment for additional costs and schedule relief on a military base project in Bulgaria. Negotiated and globally settled all project claims with the Corps of Engineers.
- Power Plant, Indonesia – Defended Owner against differing site condition and delay claims in International Arbitration and prepared Owner’s claims for defective work. Negotiated and globally settled all project claims in excess of $140 million.
- Power Plant, Pakistan – Prepared contractor’s claim for additional compensation in excess of $5 million and time extension on 124 MW RFO Power Plant. Represented contractor in arbitration against owner’s claims of $24 million.
- Office Building Complex, Washington, D.C. – Prepared delay and inefficiency claims exceeding $3 million for electrical subcontractor. Represented subcontractor in action against contractor and owner. Resolved all disputes through mediation.
- Aerospace Center, West Virginia – Represented prime contractor involving claims and disputes with owner and subcontractors on coal boiler conversion project.
- Port Facility, Virginia – Defended prime contractor against owner’s defective work claims. Negotiated and achieved settlement of all claims one week prior to federal court trial.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant, Washington, D.C. – Represented contractor in preparation of delay and inefficiency claims that were mediated and settled with municipal owner.
- Multi-Media Company Headquarters, Virginia – Represented prime contractor in $30 million contract dispute involving delay, disruption, inefficiency and contract balance. Case settled in the middle of trial.
- Industrial Plant Renovation, Maryland – Prepared prime contractor’s inefficiency claim that was litigated against international Owner in federal court in New York, resulting in a jury verdict for the contractor.
Project Development Representations
- Hotel Casino, Nevada – Represented owner in preparation and negotiation of construction contract for casino project in Las Vegas.
- Peaker Power Plant, Australia – Represented owner in review and preparation of contract documents.
- Stadium, Republic of Turkey – Represented contractor in preparation of EPC Contract for 35,000 seat, 200 suite soccer stadium in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Power Plant, Indonesia – Represented contractor in preparation and negotiation of EPC contract and major subcontracts for 400 MW power plant.
- Highrise Condominium, Virginia – Negotiated Guaranteed Maximum Price contract on behalf of contractor to build 9 story residential condominium project in Northern Virginia.
- Office Building, Virginia – Negotiated Guaranteed Maximum Price contract on behalf of contractor to build 13 story office building in McLean, Virginia.
- Retirement Community, United States – Prepared standard form construction contract and design/build contract for use by nationwide owner/developer of retirement and assisted living facilities.
- Hospital, Fairfax, Virginia – Represented owner in development and contracting for the design and construction of an $800 million regional hospital expansion, including new patient tower, new women’s hospital, renovation of existing hospital tower and related infrastructure. Assisted owner in preparation of Requests for Proposals in addition to preparing customized architectural and construction contracts and negotiated terms and conditions thereof on behalf of the owner.