Erin N. Tramontano is Of Counsel at Moore & Lee, LLP with over a decade of complex litigation experience, including serving as trial counsel in state court and arbitration. She practices in all areas of litigation, focusing on complex construction, real estate law, commercial litigation, and long term healthcare. Ms. Tramontano has significant experience representing large corporations, real estate developers, general contractors, healthcare and long-term care institutions, and insurers.
Ms. Tramontano’s complex construction experience includes claims related to construction defects, design errors and omissions, delay, specific performance, change order disputes, mechanic’s liens, and surety disputes. Her projects include high-rise, mass residential developments, educational facilities, government buildings, public work projects, and commercial developments. Ms. Tramontano is also well versed in commercial litigation and real estate development transactions. This includes trial counsel experience prosecuting and defending claims related to commercial lease agreements, real estate development, and real estate purchase agreements.
Ms. Tramontano’s practice also includes defense of providers in the long-term care industry. She represents corporate and individual clients related to residential care facilities for the elderly, skilled nursing facilities, and hospice providers. Ms. Tramontano is familiar with defending clients against claims including elder abuse, wrongful death, violation of patient’s rights, breach of contract, and breach of statutory duties.
Ms. Tramontano is experienced in identifying potential liability issues and assisting clients with managing risk. This forward-looking perspective helps clients avoid unnecessary future litigation. Ms. Tramontano also effectively mitigates her client’s legal costs and reserves, as she has a record of brokering settlements within client expectations.
In her construction and commercial practice, Ms. Tramontano advises clients with drafting, negotiating, and administrating issues throughout performance of projects. Should litigation be unavoidable, she aggressively prosecutes and defends against claims while maintaining a professional demeanor with clients, counsel, and the Court. Clients are often able to maintain positive business relationships, notwithstanding ongoing litigation.
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- B.A., University of California Santa Barbara
- California, 2011
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers
- California Lawyers Association, Member & E-Brief Contributor
- Wallace Inn of Court, Prior Member
- Lead Trial Counsel for a commercial landlord securing a full recovery for breach of contract and specific performance. Also obtained full defense against cross-complaint seeking significant monetary damages based on tenant’s improper interpretation of rental increase contained in Lease Agreement.
- Trial Counsel for real estate developer obtaining full recovery for multi-million-dollar specific performance claim where seller of property attempted to improperly cancel Real Estate Purchase Agreement.
- Obtained terminating sanctions as Lead Counsel on behalf of real estate investor against previous property owners’ claims for $700,000 in personal property damages.
- Represented multiple subcontractors in seven figure construction defect action involving prominent downtown San Diego hotel with time share owners.
- Represented national drilling and de-watering contractor in over $100 million Millennium Tower construction defect action.