Kristen A. Bennett is the managing partner at Moore & Lee, LLP. She practices in all areas of litigation, focusing in commercial matters, general and professional liability, long term healthcare law, and construction. Ms. Bennett has significant experience in representing large national corporations, healthcare and long term care institutions, senior care providers, hospitals, insurers, sureties, Real Estate Investment Trusts, gaming and hotel companies, developers, owners, engineers, and large scale general contractors.
Ms. Bennett’s experience includes all facets of civil litigation. She has significant trial and appellate experience before several state courts, federal courts, arbitration panels, and administrative boards of contract appeals across the country.
In her long term healthcare practice, Ms. Bennett serves as national litigation counsel serving healthcare and long term care institutions including privately and publicly owned senior care providers, acute care facilities, insurers, healthcare REITs and investment groups. Ms. Bennett manages litigation across the country for her national clients assisting them with insurance issues, case evaluation, management, negotiation and resolution as well as risk management services pertaining to claims alleging negligence, breach of contract, and other matters.
Her construction and commercial practice involves general business matters, and industrial, commercial, private and public projects. Ms. Bennett successfully represents national management companies, contractors, subcontractors, sureties, and owners in a wide array of cases including contract disputes, bid protests, mechanic’s lien matters, default termination cases, and delay, impact and inefficiency cases.
- J.D., George Mason University, 1995
- B.A., University of Rochester, 1992
- Virginia, 1995
- District of Columbia, 1996
- New York, 1997
- United States Supreme Court
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Construction Law
- Public Contracts
Sample Notable Representation
- Strategic, oversight, and settlement counsel for major long-term care and skilled nursing companies.
- Obtained $900,000 verdict in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia against the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of general contractor in a case brought by a subcontractor in New York State Court.
- In re Araujo, 2011 WL 4054856 (Bkrtcy. D. Md.)
- Obtained a denial of bankruptcy discharge against a subcontractor that failed to pay a judgment entered in favor of general contractor.
- Knott v. Sunrise Development, Inc., 79 Mass.App.Ct. 1115 (2011)
- County of Monroe v. Raytheon Co., 48 A.D. 3d 1237, 852 N.Y.S. 2d 549 (4th Dept. 2008)
- SOS Interpreting, LTD, B-293026 et al., 2005 CPD P 25 (Comp. Gen. Aug. 15, 2004), 2004 WL 3168962
- Brickwood Contractors, Inc. v. U.S., 288 F.3d 1371 (Fed. Cir. 2002)